Monday, June 15, 2009

Annual Trip to Door County

Each year the Thomas family heads up to Door County to enjoy a long weekend. This year we rented a beautiful condo in the heart of Fish Creek. After arriving late on Thursday we were up early on Friday took to take the boys to the park and then to the pool. Carson was not too sure about jumping in, but after watching Drew a few times he was a jumping in machine. That afternoon the big boys (Dad, Jay, and Steve) went golfing and in the evening Mom, Dad, Meg, and I went to see a play in the park. I was great.

Saturday was an equally full day. Steve and I took off first thing in the morning for a quick tennis match. We returned in time to get the kids in the pool (again), fed and ready for a nap. While they napped Steve, Meg, and I rented bikes and went for a ride in the state park. We talked Steve into a tandem bike and he took turns pedaling Meg and I around the park. He said that Meg was much easier to lead, who knew. After naps it was back to the pool for a quick dip before dinner and ice cream at the shop across the street. After the little ones were off to bed Meg, Steve, Jay and I headed out to dinner and drinks with the cousins. We had a really nice time. I wish we could get together more often.

On Sunday the boys went golfing again (it was Father’s Day) with my cousin Adrian, while his wife Kelly and two kids joined our boys in the pool and for some lunch. After lunch the kids napped and we packed up the cars to head home after the long weekend away.



Posted by Picasa

No comments: